Friday, October 22, 2010

It has been oddly difficult to not make a Lost reference on this Island. I do not in any fashion plan on starting now. It would be highly likely that the five or so of you who actually read this thing would never read it again. So I'll spare you.

On the 24th, I will have officially reached two months into my appointment. A milestone for the over anxious such as myself. I've been buried in the bowls of building 100, with the rest of GIS crazies pounding out maps or in my case, relearning Arc Map, and learning the ways of the Geo Readiness Center before I move to another department. It's been fruitful actually. I have about one month left on my rotation with them before I shuttle off for a new department.

So I've been in incommunicado lately so allow me to fill you in.  During this time, I housed a 24 year old intern named Bobby. He likes boat shoes,  the Atlanta Braves and Frasier reruns. He seemed confused when I mentioned the Mighty Boosh and uncomfortable when I revealed my fandom for the Phillies. He now lives in a condo in Mangilao with an enlisted guy who owns a 72 inch flat screen tv. You know what that means..High Def Frasier!

Bobby came and went, and during this period time the house experienced a prolonged power outage, a loosening of the tile balconies and just this morning, a mini flood during a storm.  Despite all of this, I managed to snag an awesome coffee table and a tv, albeit one without AV inputs so that long awaited Netflix order of Precious will just have to wait a bit longer.

Speaking of Netflix, are any of you readers familiar with Netflix remorse? It's when you have a movie long ago ordered that arrives at your house and can't remember why on earth you wanted to see that movie in the first place? I just received three of those. One of them is a mellow drama with Woody Harrelson. It's going to be a long weekend.

Well actually I do have one cool thing to do this weekend, my former photography professor for AU asked me to snap a few shots of Guam for a little alumni presentation for the department. I'm thinking images of the beach, carabao, chickens, grilled meats, and maybe the pollution from the Piti plant.

Speaking of images...blam....

 Dog on a roof.
 Dude in a loin cloth chopping up coconuts. I enjoyed the coconut.
 Folks getting crafty at the Island Fair.
 More craftiness.
 And more craftiness at the  Night Market.

 Touristy stuff.
Last, what the hell is this..a Philippine Deer is the answer!


More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment