Thursday, August 26, 2010

Visual Guam


I have noticed the sky changes frequently around here. Storms roll in without warning. But damn, look at that water. I have now put my feet in the Yellow Sea, Sea of Japan and now the Philippine Sea! Once of these days I'll take a day at the beach drink some fierce tropical drinks while I burn. It was hot out. I seriously don't think I'll last 5 minutes on the sand.

In other news, I have a rental car now.
I like it.

I start work on Monday, I almost can't believe it.So I needed to print my orientation instructions. Now  I realize that I am staying in a hotel that has no business center and is rather ill equipped for folks on extended stay like myself. For example, no internet in the rooms but only in the lobby where there is a shortage of desks. I struggled just to print my info(turns out they are not running the latest version of Microsoft Office round these parts).

However the people running the place are super nice. They have given me free reign to use their printers and copiers in the office. Thanks Bayview!

  I really need to get used to everyone and I mean everyone (street urchins included) saying Hafa Adai. It really is quite comforting.

One other thing. I found the Chomorro radio station and it really is quite charming. I heard countryish songs about being sent to jail for 95 years. There seems to be a prevalent accent that I can't quite put my finger on but damn is it fun to listen to.

Alright, I'm still not over the jet lag, so I'll update more later. Bedtime. Also, GYOZA COMA!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Love the photos Dan, glad you are putting my camera to good use. Red car, can you believe it? dinner looks pretty good. what are the prices like?

    as far as frying, sunscreen is far better than butter!! enjoy, hope you can get some rest today in between all the "to do" list. mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks lovely! I bet you'll get some great storms there, that will be nice. Does it smell good there?

    ReplyDelete